Where Next Mobile Marketing?
Despite impressive growth, the use of mobile marketing has remained firmly on the margins of most marketing and communications strategies.
Very few companies in the UK have really embraced the potential applications or have made long term commitments to text marketing.
We are still in the early days, where many have sent the odd text campaign or run a pilot scheme. It may well be several years before contacting customers using their mobile is as common as sending them a letter or e-mail.
Even more amazingly, marketing and advertising agencies, whose job it is to keep their clients informed of all the latest communications tools, are lagging well behind. Only 18% of them offer any sort of SMS marketing or mobile services.
Having been gloomy about the slow rate of change, there will however be very strong growth in the next 18 months in one simple sms marketing application, Text response.
The charge in the use of text response
as a response mechanic on advertising is being lead by car manufacturers and financial services companies.
In the next 18 months most consumer organisations will include a text response as part of their marketing campaigns.
For many companies, this is the launch pad for their mobile marketing strategy.
There is usually a strong argument for having a text response option on any direct response activity. Giving more choice, results in an uplift in overall response.
- Mobile Marketing Strategies Developed for 110 Agencies and Counting….
We’re proud of the diverse range of blue chip marketing and advertising agencies that we work with. Full List of...
- Mobile Marketing – Volvo S60 Text Response – Blink and You’ll Miss It
I noticed that Volvo have got a new TV campaign out, selling their new s60 model. The idea of the...
- Mobile Marketing and the Recruitment Process
Despite impressive growth, the use of mobile marketing has remained firmly on the margins of most marketing and communications strategies.Strikingly...
- Glass’s Guides Launches Mobile Marketing Service
Glass’s Information Services, the company behind the famous vehicle valuation guides, have launched a new mobile marketing service to inform...
- Q: How can I make my advertising budget work harder for me using SMS Marketing?
A: Include an sms / text response and drive a higher response Picture a train or bus full of commuters...
- Opting in to Mobile Marketing Services – Why are Some Consumers Nervous?
The IAB and the DMA recently published some excellent research that explored some of the reasons why consumers often feel...
- Mobile Marketing – Over 50′s Move Centre Stage
For years now we’ve been trying to convince some customers that the over 50′s do send and receive texts just...
- 5 Reasons Why You Can’t Afford To Ignore Mobile Marketing
1. It’s the most responsive direct marketing channel available. Using bulk sms as a way of communicating an offer to...
- Mobile Marketing – Storage Kings Launches SMS Promotion
Leading storage company Storage King is using mobile marketing as a simple way of getting offers out to their customers...
- 51 Per Cent of UK Mobile Owners Using M-commerce
51 per cent of UK mobile owners aged 18 and over have used m-commerce, but only 8 per cent of...