Google Contacts SMS Integration – Send an SMS to your Google Contacts Database
How to Integrate Google Contacts with Text Marketer’s SMS Platform
Google Contacts is a centralised place for all your contacts (what is Google Contacts?) – email, phone, mobile and many other details. It is in ‘the cloud’ which means whenever a contact’s details change, your other systems will change too.
This means you can use Google Contacts as your central database and then your Text Marketer account will always be up to date with the latest information and also offers you the ability to filter by the groups in which you put your contacts.
Many businesses and business applications now use Google Contacts as a central cloud-based contacts database. The benefits are clear in that any time a contact is updated in Google Contacts (or another application that synchronises with it) then all your contacts are up to date.
We have now built Google Contacts synchronisation into the Text Marketer system so you can instantly pull your Google Contacts through to your address book and send them an SMS. You can even filter the data by the groups set up in Google Contacts. This is in addition to the other data tools available.
Associated video links:
- How to create a CSV file to import into Google Contacts
- Importing CSV files into Google Contacts
- Managing contact groups in Google Contacts to allow for filtering in Text Marketer
Would you like a free trial of this?
- Sign up for a free Text Marketer account (using this link gives you 50 free SMS credits to test)
- Follow the instructions above
- Optional: Download our manual to read more about reply options, delivery reports, etc.
How to synchronise your Google Contacts and your Text Marketer system
Log in to your Text Marketer account and go to SETTINGS | GOOGLE CONTACTS
Click on SYNC GOOGLE CONTACTS.
- Initially this task requires you to confirm that we can synchronise your contacts (see next step). You need to do this only once but to keep your contacts up to date you’ll need to manually sync them every now and again.
- If you’re not logged into your Google account, you will need to do this with the Google username and password of the account you wish to synchronise with.
You will now be shown a success screen, showing how many contacts have been synchronised (we will only synchronise contacts with a valid mobile number field). The data will be stored in your Address Book. Additional contacts can also be added to your Address Book manually or by uploading additional data – i.e. data outside of your Google Contacts.
How to send an SMS to your Google Contacts and/or filter contacts
Go to SEND SMS | SEND TO ADDRESS BOOK
Filtering your contacts to send to
Often we have ‘groups’ of contacts, e.g. customers/prospects/staff/sales/etc. You can put contacts into groups in your Google Contacts account and our system pulls through the group name information. So, for example, you could type in “staff’ in the filter box and then only display/select the “staff” group to send a text message to.
Use the Filter field at the top of the address book to filter contacts by any of the fields. You can select/deselect all and/or manually select the contacts you wish to send an SMS to. This means for example you could have multiple groups of contacts set up and you could filter by the group name.
Simply complete the message details such as Sender ID, Date, Time and Message Text and then hit the Submit button to send the text message to all the contacts you have selected.
Software Packages that use Google Contacts
Hundreds of cloud-based business applications can now synchronise with Google Contacts and are available at the Google Apps Marketplace. Mailchimp, Salesforce.com, Survey Monkey, Constant Contact and Capsule CRM to name but a few.
So, if you’re using Google Contacts as your central database, stand alone or via other software, you can now very quickly synchronise your contacts and send them all an SMS at the touch of a few buttons and benefit from our low, low SMS prices on send bulk text messages.
- Address Book Feature
Text Marketer’s Address Book feature is great for storing/viewing/editing contacts so you can quickly send messages to people by selecting...
- One guaranteed way to get repeat business
Most of us in business have probably heard the old saying that it’s 7 times easier to get sales from...
- SMS Marketing 101 – Database Segmentation
Competition for attention in todays SMS marketing world is increasing all the time. To increase the relevancy, deliver more value...
- How to Send an SMS Campaign to a Group
Send to Group Send to Group allows you to send an SMS Campaign to a single group or multiple groups...
- How to send a Personalised / Merge Text Message
This article shows you how to use the merge function in our text messaging application. This is useful when you want...
- txtUs virtual mobile number – now has names
We’ve upgraded the txtUs virtual mobile number service so it now displays the names of people who text you if...
- Micros Opera SMS Integration and Activation Instructions
These instructions explain how to set up and activate SMS integration within your Opera system to use Text Marketer’s SMS...
- SMS Text Message Integration with Magento Ecommerce Software
Magento is one of the leading ecommerce platforms in use today. We have teamed up with Final SMS Pro, the...
- PHP 5 SMS Send Class implementing listeners on our SMS Gateway
Class Name: SendSMSNotifier This class is designed around the FREE Text Marketer SMS API, you need to sign up here...
- How to use Quick Send to send an SMS Campaign
How to use Quick Send to send an SMS Campaign Quick Send Quick Send allows you to send text messages...