A recent survey by Dialogue Communications found that a tiny 3% of people currently receive text alert reminders, while 83% receive reminders through traditional post.
However, a hefty 67% of people would be happy to receive SMS text alerts in the future.
Nearly 60% would positively opt in and 80% of people say they would be interested in text response service that requested a call back.
The results of this survey are in line with a report from the telecom regulator Ofcom, which found that the UK is the second highest texting nation in the world, sending around 83 billion SMS messages per annum.
It’s always good to have some stats to back up what we know customers feel about receiving SMS alerts. So if you’ve been feeling unsure about whether to use a bulk SMS service, now might be the time the act.
How can you set one up, quickly & easily?
1. Get a FREE Text Marketer account
2. Order a keyword to enable your account to receive incoming messages
3. That’s it. You’re set up for your customers to text you, receive instant automated replies and then text alerts.
Need to integrate texting into your company software or web site?
No problem. We have a full two-way SMS Gateway Service which would allow your web or software company to integrate full incoming and outgoing text messaging functionality into your CRM Software or Web applications. Send your developer to our SMS API Integration spec’ for them to see how straightforward it is. In many cases, it’s a matter of hours and you’ll have the same functionality as you do with emails but by text messaging.
Setting up an account is free and our message costs are the lowest in the industry.
If you’d like a chat about how business text messaging could be used in your business, please feel free to call us on 01179249207.
- Westminster Council Uses Business Sms Service For Event Alerts
Westminster Council is using text alerts to keep the public informed about a range of free and low cost events...
- Red Bull Use Text Marketer SMS service for Staff Alerts
Energy drink company Red Bull is using Text Marketer’s bulk sms service to keep field-based staff in touch. Sms is...
- Save Cost and Time – A Hidden Benefit of Business SMS
The company operates a large, non franchised car dealership, servicing and selling cars. When a car is serviced they used...
- Amey Enforce Safe Driving Message With Text Campaign
Leading public service provider Amey, has come up with a cunning idea to make sure that its team of field...
- Don’t Let the Royal Mail Strikes Affect Your Customer Communications – Use SMS
For many companies, the current mail strikes are an unwelcome distraction. As if generating a profit wasn’t hard enough already,...
- Bathstore Opts For Text Marketer’s SMS Software
UK’s largest bathroom retailer launches customer text service Bathstore has chosen Text Marketer’s SMS software to launch a new SMS...
- 5 Reasons Why You Can’t Afford To Ignore Mobile Marketing
1. It’s the most responsive direct marketing channel available. Using bulk SMS as a way of communicating an offer to...
- The Onward March of SMS
6 or 7 seven years ago, most industry pundits were predicting that the meteoric rise of sms messaging as a...
- Q: How Can You Get a Better Open Rate to Your E-mail Campaigns?
A: Use an SMS Service to draw attention to your e-mail. We all know the problem with e-mail. Open rates...
- Middlesborough Council Launches Children with Disabilities SMS Service
Middlesborough Council operates a superb network of support services for parents of children with disabilities. The Parents 4 Change initiative,...