It’s safe to say that mobile marketing has taken the world of business and marketing by the scruff of the neck, gave it a jolly good wash and a brand new smartly fitted suit. Armed with some crafty examples, stats and with a cheeky smile mobile marketing has steamrolled itself through many a business boardroom. And when the results came in, it’s been carried out of the office like a scene from the Wolf of Wall Street.
However, some businesses are still reluctant to rally up the troops, ready their passports and begin their mobile marketing voyage – but why?
According to Salesforce, more than 70% of marketers state that mobile marketing is key to their business, and rightly so.
We have seen, and continue to see a huge shift towards our mobile phone as a way to explore and surf the internet, the desktop computer is gathering dust as we speak. Shopify say that 50.3% of ecommerce traffic now comes through a mobile and that number is only increasing.
So mobile apps must be the way forward?
No they’re not.
Not unless you have huge sums of money to design and develop one, and even if you have, the fact of the matter is customers prefer text messages…
81% of consumers prefer SMS over mobile apps for communicating with their brands and 71% say it’s annoying having different conversations in different apps. (SAP)
So, let’s have a look at the reasons why you’re not using SMS…
1. “We haven’t got any mobile numbers”
There are loads of easy and simple ways to collect your data.
2. “It’s not a very luxurious or sexy medium is it?”
Its’ simple and effective and your customers love it! Luxury brands use it every day.
3. “Yeah, but I bet its quite longwinded and a complicated process”
From sign up to your messages being received – about 5 minutes.
4. “Well, I am just not sure we will have the budget for it”
It’s a low-cost way, messages from 1.65p
5. “Our marketing is working just fine at the moment”
Fine doesn’t cut the mustard. Let’s make your marketing great!
A while ago the whole world and their dog were talking about ‘Mobilegeddon’. Google announced that they were going to introduce an algorithm that meant mobile friendly sites would have more prominence in their search engines.
What this signals is just the beginning of ‘Mobilegeddon.’ The incredible little hand held device is only going to become more central to our everyday lives and the world of business. Watch this space…
Embed this Infographic on your website:
Text Marketer Bulk SMS Services
- 5 Reasons Why You Can’t Afford To Ignore Mobile Marketing
1. It’s the most responsive direct marketing channel available. Using bulk SMS as a way of communicating an offer to...
- Reasons to develop a Mobile Marketing Strategy
If you’ve been thinking about mobile marketing and haven’t quite got round to it, here are a few good reasons....
- 5 Reasons Why your Mobile Marketing Strategy Stinks
This subject needs no further explanation. 1. You haven’t really got a mobile marketing strategy That sounds a trifle patronising...
- 7 Reasons why you need to go mobile
1. We can’t leave home without it The great advantage of mobile marketing is the delivery mechanism is always with...
- What customers really want from you
Lots of happy customers is what we all strive for – from here relationships can form that can hopefully lead...
- 99% of Mobile Apps Only Get Used Once
Can this really be true? This is a figure produced by BlackBerry recently that underlines the sad truth that most...
- Simon: the legend who has helped shape your business today
Back in August 1994 Simon helped shape the modern life that we now know 20+ years on… he has travelled...
- How to keep ahead of your competition
We live in a cynical world with tough competitors according to Jerry McGuire. And he’s right – every business must...
- The gloves are off, Email marketing VS Mobile marketing
The big heavyweight fight, Email Marketing VS Mobile Marketing. If you’re wondering which is more responsive, more effective, more convenient...