SMS Campaign Delivers 600% Return on Investment
Text Marketer works with a number of bike shops who use sms as a way of communicating with their customers. There is simply no more effective way of getting service reminders or sales offers to customers. Unlike email where you might expect around 30% of the messages to be read, with a bulk sms campaign, 98% of texts that land on mobiles are read and the vast majority within 5 minutes or so.
Response rates to sms marketing campaigns are also around 5 times higher than any other form of direct marketing. (Source – Mobile Marketing Association.)
Swinnerton Cycles in Stoke On Trent has recently use Text Marketer’s SMS software with remarkable effect. With the onset of Autumn, most cyclists start to think about gearing their bikes up for winter to make sure they’re as safe as possible. With this in mind Swinnerton Cycles sent out a bulk sms campaign to its customer base with a simple, low cost gear and brakes service offer.
“Winter Service Check – 1 Week Only – Starting 19/9/11, Brake & Gear Check only £20.00 Book now on 01782747782. Only 100 Spaces Available. Swinnerton Cycles”
It’s a simple offer that was surprisingly effective. Within a couple of days of the message going out, the workshop had booked 42 services, generating a minimum of £840. On top of this, customers will be spending considerable sums on accessories such as lights, batteries, jackets etc. So the total spend figure will be significantly higher. The total cost of the text campaign was just £126 so for every pound spent on text messages, an absolute minimum spend of £6.66 was generated. (We’ll update these figures when we have the results from accessories sales.)
Try SMS marketing for free – Send 100 texts at no cost
Why not find out how sms marketing might work for your business and set up a free account? Use the code CYCLE in the promo code window and your account will come with 100 free text credits.
We’re always on hand to help if you need anything, so please call us on 0117 2050202, we’d love to hear from you.
How could you use SMS?
There are countless ways that you could use sms marketing to generate business, here are few examples.
- Great value service offers.
- New range of bikes now available
- Offers on clothing and accessories
- Ice warning alert for commuters
- Your bike is now ready to be picked up
- Workshop opening hours
- Event notifications
- Mobile Marketing Case Study – Dominos Pizza
Mobile marketing is firmly established as a powerful and profitable tool for the fast food industry. All of the large...
- Mobile Marketing – 30% discount offer for Body Shop Members
The Body Shop has used Text Marketer’s mobile marketing platform to offer a discount of 30% to all its customers....
- Q: How Can You Get a Better Open Rate to Your E-mail Campaigns?
A: Use an SMS Service to draw attention to your e-mail. We all know the problem with e-mail. Open rates...
- Mobile Marketing – Target the Human Not the Mobile Number
There was a great article recently in Mobile Marketing Magazine about the importance of talking to your customers and prospects...
- Business SMS – Molson Coors Uses SMS for Staff Communications
Global beer brewer Molson Coors is using Text Marketer’s sms service as a way of getting important information to staff members. Delivering...
- Glass’s Guides Launches Mobile Marketing Service
Glass’s Information Services, the company behind the famous vehicle valuation guides, have launched a new mobile marketing service to inform...
- SMS Marketing for the Financial Services Industry
The financial services sector has endured a torrid time in the past 18 months. For most companies, it’s been a...
- Opting in to Mobile Marketing Services – Why are Some Consumers Nervous?
The IAB and the DMA recently published some excellent research that explored some of the reasons why consumers often feel...
- 5 Reasons Why You Can’t Afford To Ignore Mobile Marketing
1. It’s the most responsive direct marketing channel available. Using bulk SMS as a way of communicating an offer to...
- Mobile Marketing – Storage Kings Launches SMS Promotion
Leading storage company Storage King is using mobile marketing as a simple way of getting offers out to their customers...