Can I pick up a delivery report for my SMS campaign?
How to collect delivery reports.
Go to - Reports - Delivery Reports.
All of your activity will be shown on this screen and you’ll see that you can export data in 4 different ways; For a chosen month, between two dates, for a specific mobile number and for the last x number of days. You can also choose to export any of these reports as CSV, Excel or XML format by selecting the relevant choice.
VERY IMPORTANT - Please note the following.
We do not charge for delivery reports and we are completely reliant on the networks to supply them to us.
The networks will not provide any sort of guarantee on the provision of delivery reports
A lack of delivery report does not in any way indicate a non delivery or a failed message. It simply means we have not received a delivery report from the relevant network.
A delivery report is generated for every sms campaign that you send. The report is labelled with the campaign name or ID that you set when the campaign was submitted.
The report lists all the mobile numbers that you sent to and provides you with an outcome for each number.
- Delivered – The phone received the message and a delivery receipt was collected.
- Failed - There are a number of reason why the may received a failed outcome for a message.
The number is inactive and is not recognised by the UK networks as being a live number.
The number that you sent to is incorrectly formatted or an incomplete number (e.g – 0791134454 – one digit missing).
The number being sent to has a text forwarding service activated.
No Signal – The phone was out of range and stayed out of range until the message expired. (After 2 or 3 days.)
Handset switched off – The phone was switched off and message expired (After 2 or 3 days)
Some hand sets (including Iphones) have a feature that will only allow messages to be delivered with a numeric sender ID. Messages sent with your company name as the sender name for example, will not be delivered to hand sets with this feature active.
Some smart phones have a function that will only allow the delivery of messages from known numbers.
Older handsets have a maximum inbox size, so when the inbox is full, the message cannot be delivered.
Phones that are outside the UK and do not have roaming enabled will be unable to receive messages.
Sometimes a message can ‘hang’ on the network even though a phone is switched on and has good reception. If the user switches their phone off and on again the message is usually then delivered immediately. (Anyone who owns an iPhone will be familiar with this phenomenon!)
The networks do not offer a guaranteed 100% uptime service. They do experience traffic bottle necks and delays occasionally. O2 only recently had a 24hr outage on all their services; voice, data and text.
- Pending - The phone is switched off or out of range and the message is waiting to be delivered. Different networks vary but in general they will try to deliver the message for up to 48 hours after which time they will not send us an updated delivery report and so we cannot update your delivery report and the outcome will remain in the pending status. This means the message may or may not have been delivered.
- Using the SMS Gateway API, Automating Delivery Report Collection
This blog post has been superseded with our website documentation Introduction If you are using the API / Gateway to send bulk SMS...
- PHP 5 Delivery Report Helper Class for our SMS Gateway
Class Name: ProcessDeliveryReport This class enables you to access your delivery reports in a nice simplified way. You can search for...
- Is there such a thing as ‘quality’ in Bulk SMS?
There are a vast number of different gateways that bulk sms service providers can use to connect to the UK...
- Changes to Delivery Reporting
Message id’s are now also included in your delivery report file, this change is only really relevant for API users,...
- Concatenated “Long Message” SMS feature now Live for the Bulk SMS system and the SMS Gateway
You can now send text messages longer than 160 characters, in fact up to 612 characters which arrive as 1...
- Can I stop an SMS campaign after I have set it up?
Yes. You can stop a campaign any time before the scheduled date and time. Go to Reports – SMS Activity...
- SMS Gateway API – Specification
This blog post has been superseded with our website documentation It is recommended that you use the RESTful version of the API which has largely superseded this document...
- How to use an SMS Gateway
Our SMS Gateway is extremely powerful indeed. It allows companies to connect to our systems and send out messages 1...
- How to use the Text Marketer Text Response system Using Short Code 88802
Introduction This article explains how to use the incoming text feature or shortcode SMS part of your Text Marketer account....
- The Sender ID – Can I set the sender name, who the message is from?
Yes. You can also set the sender name for your campaign; this is who the message is from and appears...