Ever thought about how to use Email to Text? Businesses up and down the land send millions of notifications per day by email and as we all know a huge percentage are never getting to the inbox, let alone being read!
The Mobile Marketing Association recently released data on the ‘read rates’ of SMS, 97% of text messages are opened, 83% in one hour but typically within 4 minutes.
So, if you want your customers to get your messages – texting is the way to go.
Using our Email to SMS Text Message Gateway you can simply reformat your alert emails from your system/s so that they go out by text message.
Here’s some great examples of using Email to SMS:
1. Ecommerce order confirmations - sending a text doubles confidence rates in the order process.
2. Dispatch confirmations – when a package is sent, send a confirmation text with tracking info. This can reduce ‘where’s my order’ calls by 50% or more.
3. Email merge – send personalised text messages in bulk using simple email merge tools freely available.
4. Staff alerts – if the alert is urgent to your staff or colleagues, send it by text, it’ll be there immediately, wherever they are.
5. Systems alerts – many different online systems have email alerts when there are problems. Great if you’re sat at your computer but if you’re not, also configure systems to send an Email to SMS alert for backup.
6. Customer/patient appointment reminders – many companies, health services, gyms etc. send appointment reminders by email and many just don’t get read and the appointment is missed. Using our Email to Text service ensures your reminder is read, hugely increasing the chance the appointment will be kept.
There are of course many other examples of how you could employ Email to Text within your business.
You can try it out all automatically online. First set up a free Text Marketer account (includes 10 free text credits) then read the Email to SMS instructions and send your first text out through the gateway. ‘Simples’.
More information on pricing, etc?
If you have any general questions about pricing, setup, payment or almost anything else, try the Text Marketer Help Centre.
- Email-to-SMS Gateway service from Text Marketer
Please note that this blog page has been superseded with http://www.textmarketer.co.uk/developers/sms-email-gateway.htm Our email-to-SMS service provides a simple way for you to send...
- How to create an Email to SMS Gateway
This document explains how you can use postfix to call a script, with the result that you can then interface...
- How to use an SMS Gateway
Our SMS Gateway is extremely powerful indeed. It allows companies to connect to our systems and send out messages 1...
- Extract name and email address from Text Message autoresponses using Excel
When using a text message response mechanic it is often good to ask for a name and an email address...
- How can you benefit from our free SMS keyword and shortcode text response system?
Ever seen a TV Ad’ that says, “Text BROCHURE to 69888 for more details”? Why do they do this instead...
- How to send a Personalised / Merge Text Message
This article shows you how to use the merge function in our text messaging application. This is useful when you want...
- The SMS Gateway
How to use an SMS Gateway Continue reading →...
- How to integrate our SMS Gateway API into your systems
Introduction Adding SMS as a communication method to a system is often very useful, for instance you don’t have issues...
- New Concatenated Bulk SMS Text Message feature due to be released
A few months ago we conducted customer research asking if a ‘concatenated text message’ or ‘long message’ (the ability to send...
- PHP 5 SMS Send Class implementing listeners on our SMS Gateway
Class Name: SendSMSNotifier This class is designed around the FREE Text Marketer SMS API, you need to sign up here...