Most of us in business have probably heard the old saying that it’s 7 times easier to get sales from existing customers than new ones. Some of these sayings are just corporate speak. I have to say though, after 25 years in business, I firmly believe in this one.
People’s mobile phones are precious to them. For many already, it’s how they organise their entire lives. And this trend is surely only set to continue – well, according to every study I’ve ever read!
Getting in to your Customer’s mobile phone address book
This should be your holy grail. Most people’s mobile address books stay with them forever, moving with them as they change devices too, automatically. Most smartphones also synchronise contacts with Facebook, Google and other social networking systems.
If you can get your business name and number into their address book, there’s good chance your customer will remember you for a long time! Also, if you send them a text message in the future, it pops up as from your company name, not just a generic number – just like it does from any friend of theirs.
How do you go about this?
It’s simple. We’ve tested this on many occasions and it works.
1. You need a txtUs virtual 07…… mobile number for your business.
2. Export all your customers’ mobile numbers from your database.
3. Send them a simple message from your Text Marketer account (using your txtUs number as the Sender ID). Something like,
“Hi from Carluccio’s restaurant. This is our new text messaging number which you can use for booking or general enquiries. Please save us to your address book“.
The benefits of doing this aren’t immediate, they’re more a medium term strategy. But, from all the evidence we’ve seen, it is simply the holy grail of mobile marketing.
- Using the txtUs email to SMS Text Messaging feature
A txtUs number gives your business a dedicated virtual mobile number which people can text (but cannot call) enquiries to...
- Text message enquiry system reduces costs and increases enquiries
RoughTrax, one of the leading independent suppliers of 4×4 Toyota parts, recently integrated the text message enquiry and reply system...
- Restaurant Mobile Marketing
See the NEW updated article: How to do … Restaurant Mobile Marketing Booking enquiries can increase as much as much...
- SMS Reminder Alerts Reduce ‘no shows’ by 70%
No-shows can be incredibly costly for businesses and organisations who make appointments with their customers. Hair salons, restaurants, doctors, dentists...
- Two great examples of using the txtUs SMS system
Customers often ask us what use our innovative txtUs system could have for their business. Essentially think of the product...
- SMS Response – Stirling Furniture Streamlines Deliveries using SMS
Stirling Furniture has transformed its product delivery process and made huge cost savings by adopting Text Marketer’s TxtUs service. Every...
- Concatenated “Long Message” SMS feature now Live for the Bulk SMS system and the SMS Gateway
You can now send text messages longer than 160 characters, in fact up to 612 characters which arrive as 1...
- Reply by email to incoming SMS. Have a ‘text conversation’ by email.
A great new feature added to Text Marketer accounts today. If you have a keyword on your account and receive...
- How to send Single or Bulk Text Messages using your Email Program
Most of us are used to sending one or many emails but this is how to use your email program...
- NEW! Text to Email Autoresponder
We are please to announce the launch of our text to email autoresponder system. This allows you automatically respond by...