Bringing text marketing to life.
Many nightclubs are aware that they could be making more from their mobile marketing campaigns. This brief guide provides an overview of the main issues to consider.
Automate the process of capturing mobile numbers.
Many clubs still collect mobile numbers by sending someone round the venue with a clipboard. This is expensive, time consuming and prone to errors in transcribing. Customers are also often unwilling to give out their numbers.
Create a Text Club with real benefits
By creating a text club that new members can join by simply texting in a keyword, you remove completely the need to manually collect numbers.
A text club needs to have real value to the customer rather than just being a way of inviting people to new events. It should have a wide range of benefits that might include the following
· Free Queue jumping passes
· Free VIP entry
· Free entry into regular prize draws
· Regular drinks offers
· Invitation to write reviews
· Customer surveys
Ensure that all promotional activity supporting the text club mentions that the club is free and that the customer will not be sent any chargeable messages.
Promoting the Service
To generate maximum possible sign up, promote the text club via all the marketing channels that are available
· Text-enable promotional fliers
· Promote via the website
· Use posters within the venue
· Publish using on site screens
· Encourage sign up on the door
· Promote using any local advertising campaigns
Coach Nightclub promotes their text service by inviting people to join by text or by submitting their number to the web site. Their mobile database contains approximately 9000 mobile numbers.
Planet Love incentivises customers with a text to win competition, giving players the chance to win 1 of 10 pairs of tickets. This competition generated over 1200 entries in 3 weeks
Sending the Text Campaigns
You only have 160 characters to make your point, so keep you messages simple. Dont use too much txt speak. If you use too many text abbreviations you run the risk of confusing your customers.
The text should aim to generate excitement and offer a clear reason for the customer to turn up.
Aim to get your message to customers at a time when they will be making plans for the evening. Too early and the message will be forgotten, too late and other arrangements may have already been made.
Common sense applies here! If you send too frequently then you run the risk of annoying your membership. To infrequently and customers begin to forget who you are. Weekly text campaigns strike about the right balance.
- Is This the Golden Age of SMS Marketing?
I have this ominous feeling that we may look back on this period in the development of mobile marketing with...
- SMS Marketing for the Financial Services Industry
The financial services sector has endured a torrid time in the past 18 months. For most companies, it’s been a...
- 5 Reasons Why You Can’t Afford To Ignore Mobile Marketing
1. It’s the most responsive direct marketing channel available. Using bulk SMS as a way of communicating an offer to...
- System Update – Upload your mobile numbers straight from Microsoft Excel
The development team at Text Marketer have had a busy few months and the latest system improvement has now been...
- Q: How can I make my advertising budget work harder for me using SMS Marketing?
A: Include an sms / text response and drive a higher response Picture a train or bus full of commuters...
- Text Marketer Joins 10:10
Leading SMS service provider Text Marketer has joined the innovative environmental programme, 10:10. 10:10 is an ambitious project to unite...
- The Long Shadow of the Crazy Frog
Sorry if I’ve just ruined your day by reminding you of the odious amphibian. (All together now ring ding ding...
- System Update – Unsubscribe Service Now Live on Bulk SMS Service
Our development team has been busy recently building a range of new tools for our main bulk sms service. We’ll...
- Mobile Marketing – Volvo S60 Text Response – Blink and You’ll Miss It
I noticed that Volvo have got a new TV campaign out, selling their new s60 model. The idea of the...
- SMS Campaign Watch – Part 2. Frijj Text to Win Competition
Slightly later than planned, this is the second part of our blog series looking at consumer text response campaigns (following...