All Text Marketer accounts come with a free text reply number.
The free number differs from our unique-to-you txtUs virtual mobile number service in the following ways;
1. Texts to the number (replies) can only be routed back to you if you have sent the person a text from your online account. All texts to a txtUs number would be routed to you, whether you had sent them a message or not.
2. You will receive an email (if enabled) for each message recieved. You will be able to reply by email (which goes back as an SMS) but the emails will not track and display the entire conversation in the emails, as it does with txtUs.
3. There is no API availability with the free reply number.
If you all you need though are replies to your campaigns, the free reply number will be fine for you.
If you already have a txtUs number then please see our txtUs instructions.
How to use your Free Text Reply Number
You simply select your free reply number from the send screen as the Sender ID.
Your reply number will then be shown on recipients’ phones and they can reply in the normal way – the reply will be routed to your email address.
The email part of the system
Replies will be routed to the email address in your system (you can change this by going to Message Control, highlighting your free reply number in Inboxes and then clicking Configure in the top menu).
To reply to a person that has replied to your text campaign. Hit reply to the email and type in some text. All you have to do is remember to add ## at the end of the text you want to send back (this tells our system not to send any text after the ##, i.e. the rest of the body of the email). Now send the email.
You’ll see that the text you put on the email now goes back as a text message.
Your system is now configured for replies.
What does it cost to use the system?
There is no charge for using the number. You are also not charged for incoming texts. If you do reply to the email and send a text back to somebody then of course it is the usual charge for sending a message.
Why can’t people text the number directly and I receive their message?
The free text reply system works by sharing a number across multiple accounts. This is how we can make it free. So, when a text comes in on a free number we have to assign it to a receiver. This can only be done where we can see a message has been sent to that number and a match is confirmed.
Should you want to have full 2-way control, you should buy a txtUs virtual mobile number which will be unique to your account.
- Reply by email to incoming SMS. Have a ‘text conversation’ by email.
A great new feature added to Text Marketer accounts today. If you have a keyword on your account and receive...
- Using the txtUs email to SMS Text Messaging feature
Using txtUs dedicated virtual mobile numbers for your business A txtUs number gives your business a dedicated virtual mobile...
- Text message enquiry system reduces costs and increases enquiries
RoughTrax, one of the leading independent suppliers of 4×4 Toyota parts, recently integrated the text message enquiry and reply system...
- How can you benefit from our free SMS keyword and shortcode text response system?
Ever seen a TV Ad’ that says, “Text BROCHURE to 69888 for more details”? Why do they do this instead...
- NEW! Text to Email Autoresponder
We are please to announce the launch of our text to email autoresponder system. This allows you automatically respond by...
- Send SMS from OpenCRM Software
How to configure OpenCRM to send SMS Text Messages OpenCRM already has an inbuilt email function but with email having...
- How to send Single or Bulk Text Messages using your Email Program
Most of us are used to sending one or many emails but this is how to use your email program...
- Generate free QR Codes
QR Codes are a great way to get response from your mobile marketing adverts and even from web sites. Although...
- One guaranteed way to get repeat business
Most of us in business have probably heard the old saying that it’s 7 times easier to get sales from...
- Form2SMS – Instructions
This article details how to obtain and configure the Form2SMS script to use on your website. IMPORTANT: You must have...