Lots of happy customers is what we all strive for – from here relationships can form that can hopefully lead to lots of happy loyal customers.
To create a following of loyal customers is desirable, but to do that you need to give them what they want… so what does the modern consumer want?
SAP have conducted a massive global study with consumers from 12 nations and the stand out message from them is they want to be able to communicate with businesses & brands via SMS – happy days!
• 81% of consumers said they prefer SMS over mobile apps for communicating with their brands.
“We are moving away from customers asking ‘Is there an app for that?’ to asking ‘Is there an SMS for that?” Sethu Meenakshisundaram, President of SAP
• 71% say it’s annoying having different conversations in different apps – they want all their messages in one place
However to create a loyal relationship with your customers you need to give that little bit extra and a recent study by Emarsys reveals that the answer to this is, drum roll please… personalisation.
• 42% said that special or personalised treatment would keep them coming back to shop
So it seems that when extra effort is made with service it doesn’t go unnoticed and we will keep coming back for more.
With our powerful SMS system sending personlised messages is quick and easy (learn how here). We are convinced that if you start sending your customers personal and relevant messages offers via text message then you will start to reap in the rewards.
Why not step it up notch and start sending birthday offers to your customers? Anniversary offers? VIP offers?
“Consumers want a relationship with their favourite brands, and to be valued and understood. The key to achieving this for brands is personalisation. They need to make better use of the data customers share with them to target offers and ideas that are truly relevant. In our experience it’s this personalisation that keeps customers coming back, and repeat visits build loyalty and trust.” Steven Ledgerwood, UK managing director of Emarsys.
Consumers want you to be personal – Mobile is personal and it’s about time your marketing was too.
Embed this Infographic on your website:Text Marketer Bulk SMS Services
- How to keep ahead of your competition
We live in a cynical world with tough competitors according to Jerry McGuire. And he’s right – every business must...
- Mobile Marketing Undervalued by UK Brands
Ronan Shields, mobile expert at New Media Age, wrote an excellent article last week about how major brands are missing...
- 5 steps to sending a successful mobile marketing message
Sending your first mobile marketing message? Well here are 5 simple steps to making sure it’s a success. We know...
- Business SMS API Integrations on the Rise
The role that business SMS plays in UK organisations is changing. No longer is SMS seen as a somewhat maverick...
- URL Shortening tool added to Message Box marketing tool
Our URL Shorten tool allows you to shorten any web address you include in your message, meaning more characters for...
- The early bird forgets the worm
Millions of messages have been sent through our SMS gateway over the past few years – from carefully planned tactical...
- The machines are taking over the world
It seems that this is the time of year for posts and articles published about “The future of…’ or ‘Trends...
- 7 Reasons why you need to go mobile
1. We can’t leave home without it The great advantage of mobile marketing is the delivery mechanism is always with...
- 10 Mobile Marketing Statistics – Infographic
Here are just some stats and facts about Mobile Marketing that you might find interesting and surprising. For example did...
- The gloves are off, Email marketing VS Mobile marketing
The big heavyweight fight, Email Marketing VS Mobile Marketing. If you’re wondering which is more responsive, more effective, more convenient...