The one million pound question: Where do you see your new business in 12 months’ time?
Now where’s Mystic Meg when you need her or our magic 8 ball?
Many of us avoid launching head first into new business challenges. Full of eager anticipation we are cautious about spending too much money and wary of not making enough.
With the right tools in your hands and a bit of planning, the chances that you’ll get to where you want to be are likely. And that’s the point where SMS marketing can help…
Ok, so it may not be a crystal ball, but it can come pretty damn close.
They say that it takes a brief look at the past to determine the future. If we look at the breadcrumbs of success that mobile and SMS marketing have left behind for our start-up customers, we’d say it’s almost certain that adoption of the channel will only lead to growth.
Since our launch in 1999, we have helped well-established business grow their client base, profits and brand presence and thousands of start-up small and medium companies give their business a stage in which to perform to rapturous applause. They’ve continued using the channel to take their business from strength to strength – just take a look at our case studies.
Having stood the test of time, SMS has gone from a simple communication tool to the marketing channel businesses use as a rule.
• Mobile phone ownership is set to bypass more than five billion people in 2017. That’s more than 70% of people able to send and receive text messages (eMarketer)
• 98% of text messages are open and read with average response times taking only 90 seconds. Compare this to email and you’re looking at open rates of 22%. (Venture Beat)
• The average person looks at their phone 150 times in a day (Nokia)
• 70% of consumers say receiving an offer by mobile is more convenient than any other medium. (SAP)
• 64% of consumers believe businesses should communicate more often using SMS for convenience. (SAP)
Bulk SMS is a powerful marketing tool in whoever’s hands it is placed. Over sending will put people off but finding a happy medium between two to five messages a month could be just right.
Relevance is also important as is the data you are using. Have you made plans for who you will be targeting and who you want to read your messages? – Well if you haven’t we’ve plenty of bulk SMS blog posts, how-tos and guides to help you get your business up, running and ready to count the coins.
But back to the beginning, how can SMS marketing help predict your business’ future?
With the opportunity to take your message to the hands of millions at the push of a button, get it opened, read and spread – SMS marketing holds amazing prospects for communication, marketing and building brand presence.
So we’ll ask again…where do you see your business in 12 months’ time?
- The future of business communication
I am sure right now at this very moment there is someone writing a horrid review about a company or...
- Business SMS – the future looks bright
Business SMS has a long way to go, but the future looks bright for business SMS At Text Marketer, we’re...
- Is This the Golden Age of SMS Marketing?
I have this ominous feeling that we may look back on this period in the development of mobile marketing with...
- SMS Marketing – Business Link Case Study
Business Link was looking for a way to reduce the number of non-attendants to their business workshops. Although their booking...
- The gloves are off, Email marketing VS Mobile marketing
The big heavyweight fight, Email Marketing VS Mobile Marketing. If you’re wondering which is more responsive, more effective, more convenient...
- Mobile marketing – Is bigger always better?
Given the significant rise in mobile adoption, with more than 7 billion people on earth now owning an SMS enabled...
- The Long Shadow of the Crazy Frog
Sorry if I’ve just ruined your day by reminding you of the odious amphibian. (All together now ring ding ding...