You want to communicate with your customers, of course you do, it’s fundamental to all businesses and industries. Are they happy? What are they thinking? What can we do to improve our services? What’s the best way to reach them?
You could use email
Marketing by email is definitely seen as a money saving method and who doesn’t have at least one email address these days. One for work, one for personal use, one Hotmail account from when they were younger so they must check it regularly right? Well they get buried, sent to spam, generally ignored, unopened and deleted.
You could use social media
There are hundreds of articles explaining how to write the perfect tweet and how to create the best Facebook page, but few fail to mention that without investment in social media advertising, you can be left stranded without a paddle.
You could use SMS
You might have heard that SMS is dead and messaging apps are the way forward, well for personal use and socialising with Facebook Messenger and Twitter this may be the case, but SMS marketing has numerous qualities that make it the perfect business marketing tool that blows apps out of the water.
1. 93% of adults in the UK own a mobile phone. (Ofcom) That’s a huge proportion that can be reached with just a simple a text message especially when combined with reason #2.
2. 98% of all text messages get read and 90% of these get read within the first 3 minutes of being received (MobileSQUARED).
3. There’s an air of VIP amongst receiving an SMS. It comes directly to your mobile device and there’s little indication of how many other people might have received this ‘exclusive’ offer.
4. Unlike email, SMS is guaranteed to only go to one inbox. Assuming that the mobile data you’re using is accurate and reliable then there is little reason why your message wouldn’t get a great response.
5. For the eco-friendly/green conscientious of you, you’ll be happy to know that like many other digital mediums, a text message has the lowest impact on your carbon footprints.
6. Text reminders are quite simply the most helpful messages we receive. It’s even better when the customer doesn’t even have to request it in the first place. What’s more is that it’s incredibly effective for businesses too.
7. Customers who sign up to receive mobile marketing are already interested in your company and have given you permission to receive your SMS campaigns.
8. No internet is required to receive a text message or to open it. Once received, it’s easy to view the information quickly no matter where you are.
9. SMS is incredibly low cost. Our double credits offer means that your text message only costs 1.65p to send. Compared to traditional marketing methods such as TV, radio or print, SMS certainly doesn’t tighten those purse strings.
10. You only need to look at our case studies to see a proven ROI with SMS campaigns. For the small cost of text messages, Text Marketer’s retail clients have experienced substantial gains from their promotions.
Mobile is here to stay and so is SMS. As long as people continue to rely on their friendly, handheld devices every waking hour, SMS marketing will remain one of the most powerful tools in your digital marketing arsenal.
Explore its potential today with a free account and free trial credits.
- 5 reasons why you’re not using SMS marketing
It’s safe to say that mobile marketing has taken the world of business and marketing by the scruff of the...
- Mobile marketing – Is bigger always better?
Given the significant rise in mobile adoption, with more than 7 billion people on earth now owning an SMS enabled...
- SMS is the new lucky horseshoe for racing tipster
Reaching customers ‘on-the-go’ is no longer a problem for Big Idea Media’s Free Racing Tips business, as they reap the...
- 5 Reasons Why You Can’t Afford To Ignore Mobile Marketing
1. It’s the most responsive direct marketing channel available. Using bulk SMS as a way of communicating an offer to...
- How to grow your business on a shoestring
You always hear about businesses going bust, in fact you only have to walk into town on your lunch break...
- The Truth About SMS Marketing vs Email Marketing
A hefty title to live up to but let’s give it a go. What’s “Marketing”!? Probably one of the most...