The Sender ID – Can I set the sender name, who the message is from?
You can also set the sender name for your campaign; this is who the message is from and appears on the recipients’ phone as the message header.
You can set the sender name or ID in two main ways;
1. As a full telephone number. For example 01179992299 or 0700099999 is fine. If you use a mobile number (for example yours or an office mobile number) then people will be able to reply to this number in the normal way. (It is essential to set the sender id as a number if you are going to send bulk sms to landline numbers).
2. As ‘text’. For example your company name. This means if we set it as “Company X”, this would appear as the ‘sender’ in recipients’ inboxes on their phone. IMPORTANT: It is a maximum of 11 characters (including spaces or special characters) if you use text/alphanumeric.
In your account, go to Send SMS – Default Sender ID. Click in the sender window and type the sender name and press the submit button.
- Concatenated “Long Message” SMS feature now Live for the Bulk SMS system and the SMS Gateway
You can now send text messages longer than 160 characters, in fact up to 612 characters which arrive as 1...
- Supported and Unsupported characters in Text Messages – GSM Character Set
When constructing the message for your SMS Marketing campaign you should be aware that not all characters are supported by...
- How to use the Text Marketer Text Response system Using Short Code 88802
Introduction This article explains how to use the incoming text feature or shortcode SMS part of your Text Marketer account....
- New Concatenated Bulk SMS Text Message feature due to be released
A few months ago we conducted customer research asking if a ‘concatenated text message’ or ‘long message’ (the ability to send...
- How many mobile numbers can I upload into a group?
Is their a maximum capacity for uploading numbers? No. There is no upper limit to the number of mobile numbers...