With a 98% open rate compared to email at just 22%, there is no doubting that sending a text message will get a great return of investment, be that visits to websites, inbound calls, or sales of your products. We know SMS marketing works and is already working for millions of businesses every day.
Retail and SMS marketing are the perfect fit, they work amazingly together in harmony, boosting sales, brand awareness, customer retention and can help turn a small retail store into a huge worldwide brand.
Below are just 6 of the many ways that SMS can help retail, we have also added a lovely little infographic for you.
1. Text customers with special offers – If you have a sale on, text customer to let them know you have a sale, when it will finish, how they take advantage of it and what they will save.
2. Purchase and delivery notifications – Send a text message after someone has made a purchase on your website thanking them and giving them details of their purchase. This can then be followed up with delivery notifications, making the customer experience even better.
3. Get customers through the door – If you want more people to come back to your store, text them an offer that they can only obtain if they show the cashier. Which could lead to those all-important impulse buys.
4. Let customers know about your new stock – Is your new season in? Or do you have a great new range that you want to shout about? Then text your customers and let them know.
5. SMS loyalty programs – Allow customers to sign up to an SMS loyalty programme. Send them exclusive offers and texts when new products will be released that they can only get with your SMS loyalty programme.
6. SMS Surveys – After a customer has made a purchase, send them an SMS survey with a couple of questions on asking how their experience was. Getting a better understanding of what your strengths and weaknesses are.
If you think SMS can help your business, be it in the Retail sector or another, you can set up an account with us completely free. We will also throw in 10 free credits to test the account with and with our amazing Double Credits offer, SMS has never been cheaper.
- Goodbye loyalty cards… Hello loyalty SMS
Recently we have seen a lot of talk about brands launching new loyalty schemes and ones which seem to signal...
- 5 great retail marketing success stories
Everyone loves a good success story, but no one loves one quite as much as us – and the fortunate...
- How customers are using their mobiles in your shop
So because your business does most of its trade in its bricks and mortar shop, you think that mobile marketing...
- Ecommerce retail marketing: SMS vs Email the facts
Some years ago it would’ve paid to hedge your bets on how the traditional brick-and-mortar shops were going to get...
- The festive retail marketing calendar – when to send
It’s that time again… Retailers and shoppers are here there and everywhere either trying to sell their products and services,...
- WOW – 7 out of 10 retailers are still missing out on SMS
We are absolutely stunned by this stat! Despite the explosive growth in text-based communications, many retailers are ignoring one of...
- Black Friday offer – 20% FREE SMS
The Black Friday sales and offers madness is nearly upon us, and we know that it is huge for all...
- Special Black Friday Offer – free SMS credits anyone?
As you will probably know, we don’t run many offers here at Text Marketer, as our prices are already incredibly...